Our morning workshops run from 10.00 – 12.00 offering a wide variety of activities. Each day we do something different and fun. Select the day below to see what we do.
Monday – Catering
- Planning and purchasing food for healthy living
- Identifying how our home grown produce can be used to meal plan.
- Baking, making jams chutneys and cordials
- Using foraged fruit and nuts
- Food preparation, cooking and baking
- Food hygiene and cleaning for food safety
- Social Skills development and hospitality.
- Working as part of a team and developing independent cooking skills
Monday - Media
- using computers and keyboards
- Uploading pictures and data
- Using grammar, punctuation and spelling icons.
- Understanding the process of writing information.
- Creative writing
- Explaining pictures.
- Using search engines.
- safe and respectable use of technology.
Tuesday - Arts and Crafts
- Learning and understanding art techniques
- Individual and small group work
- Expression of thoughts and ideas through art
- Build fine motor skills and confidence
- Discovering art in nature
- Drawing and painting
- 3D art
Tuesday- Sport games
- Developing hand-eye co-ordination
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- team working
- Building strength and self- esteem
- Maintaining health
- Improved sleep and well-being
- Increase heart-lung and brain function and health
- improve fine motor skills, balance,and co-ordination
Wednesday-Alpaca trekking and grooming
- Improving confidence around animals
- Improving cardiovascular health
- Encourages communication and team working
- Decreasing anxiety and depression
- Improves fine motor skills
- Socialising the animals
Wednesday - Gardening
- Understanding vegetables, fruit and flowers
- Growing, looking after and harvesting crops
- Garden and allotment maintenance
- Working as part of a team and individually
- Hospitality and social skills.
- Fostering a love of nature
- Garden safety
Thursday - Food Safety
- Introduction to food safety
- Personal hygiene
- Food contamination
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Temperature controls
- Food storage
- Pest control
- Bacteria control
- Food safety law.
- Recognising a note on a stave
- Turn taking
- Listening to/recognising note patterns.
- Recognising note values
- Recognising other music symbols
- Able to distinguish different instruments
- Accessing body percussion
Friday- shopping for animal care
- Social skills development
- Team working and developing independence
- Using money and cards to purchase items
- The cycle of money
- What is value for money
Friday - Animal care
- Animal husbandry – Feeding, cleaning/mucking out, animal care, animal health, how animals are born and incubating eggs. Socialising animals and alpaca walking.
- Egg collecting
- Maintaining produce stall and dealing with the public
- Farm maintenance – building animals houses, animal feeders,new paddocks and fencing. Land, hedgerow and meadow management.
- Nature Conservation – encouraging wildlife, making bug boxes and bird houses, hedgehog houses and planning for insects and wildlife.